Iditarod 2024: Follow the Race!

Iditarod 2024: Follow the Race!

by Alta Wehmeyer -
Number of replies: 0

Dear Students and Parents,

I cannot believe it is the Iditarod already. It feels like just yesterday that I flew out for the 2023 race! For those students who participated in the assignment project that being carried by mushers down the trail, you can keep an eye on it smile

The annual Iditarod race has its ceremonial start in downtown Anchorage on March 2, 2024 at 10 a.m. (AKST) which is UTC -09:00.  The official timed start for the event is Sunday March 3, 2024 at 2 p.m. for the same timezone.

I have a subscription that is available to all students who is registered on my platform regardless of if you are part of the Alaska class or not. Here are the website and login credentials:

https://iditarod.com/my-account/

The username: AltaW
The password: X^R96nH*D4kQ

You will see the following screen that asks for another password. Ignore that request because this is how they facilitate keeping my details from view. Scoot your cursor up and browse from any menu items on the navigation ribbon.

The best way to follow the race is to start the GPS tracker as soon as the timed start is under way. You will be able to follow the teams. There is generally much interviews and interesting stories that are produves either as live video feed or posted media.

Enjoy the race!

Let me know if you have any questions here.
Keep mushing!
Alta